Wednesday 1 October 2014

One year on!

In just over a week, I will have been a Dorset-dweller for one whole year. And what a whirlwind 12 months it's been!

Not only have I had to settle in to a new county, suburb, house, I've also given birth and waved my eldest off to school. It's been an emotional, exhausting (not to mention expensive!) year, but I don't regret it for a minute.

And part of that is thanks to the wonderful people I have met. Having children puts you in a very fortunate position when it comes to meeting people and it's thanks to them - and hopefully because I'm generally a nice person - that I have managed to make some lovely new friendships that I hope will last for many, many years. My fellow Dorset Mummies have welcomed me with open arms, and my children, and for that I thank them.

Building a new support network was the thing I needed the most, but it was also the most frightening thing about moving. I have some amazing friends in London and leaving them behind was hard, especially when heavily pregnant. Plus the thought of making new mates at the age of 35 wasn't something I relished, partly because I'm a bit shy. But I put myself out there and I'm really glad that I did.

So to everyone who has played a part in helping me settle in, who has listened to my waffling, who has sent me supportive texts, who has entertained us all, I would like to say a big THANK YOU!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment