Tuesday 16 December 2014

Life's a beach!

It might be winter, but that's not going to stop me from going to the beach, no way! There's no better place to be on a cold, crisp, clear day and when you live in a county that is home to some of the best beaches in the country, it seems stupid not to take advantage of what's on my doorstep.

Don't believe me? Just look at this…




I love it! That picture was taken just last week, and the beach was just as beautiful today. The sun was glinting off the sea, there was hardly anyone around, I could enjoy the stunning views of Old Harry Rocks and the Isle of Wight. On days like today, there's nothing better than wrapping up warm and taking a stroll by the seaside.

And it's so easily accessible, even with a buggy. If I wanted to, I could walk from Poole to Bournemouth to Boscombe. I'm not likely to do that, I've only got little legs, but it's nice to have the option if I want to. And even better, there are plenty of places to stop on the way, whether it's a pub or a cafe you're after. 

There's also something incredibly therapeutic about being by the sea. It calms me, it puts a spring in my step and a smile on my face. As well as putting colour in my cheeks and giving me a some exercise, of course. 

So when people ask me what I love best about Dorset, I'll always say the beach. 




No comments:

Post a Comment