Tuesday 16 September 2014

Gettin' Jiggy Wit It

Na na na na na na… Na na na na na na

Nope, I haven't been dancing the night away to Will Smith (those days are looooonnngggg gone!), but I have sampled the delights of my first music class with D2. And what fun it was!

Along with a friend (who assured me it would be fun), I went to Jiggy Wrigglers, a musical/activity group that runs weekly classes around Bournemouth and Poole. And do you know what? My friend was right.

The class had everything young babies and children love - a puppet, music, singing, dancing, bubbles, toys and in the break time - biscuits! The songs are all uber-catchy (even on a first lesson I found myself singing along) and get the kids using all parts of their body to dance, wriggle, jiggle. My baby's almost 11 months and while she's not quite ready to get down and boogie on the floor, she absolutely loved bouncing around on my knee and having her hands and feet wriggled around.

The class teacher, Ami, was great with all the children, making sure all of them got to interact with the puppet, had bubbles to pop and all went home with a sticker. She was full of energy too – I wish I could be the same!

The jiggy element lasts for 30 minutes and after that mums get a chance to have a free tea or coffee and a biscuit while the kids can have a water or squash and a play with toys and each other.

The class is normally £4 for an hour, but as I was a first-timer and going with a regular 'jiggler', I was free and I've also been given a loyalty card for future sessions. It's definitely a class I'll be going back to on a regular basis, not just because I get to see my friend every week, but also because of the quality time I get to spend with D2. It's so easy to focus on other things and on my eldest when I'm at home, but that hour of fun with her is something that money can't buy.

To find out more about classes in your area, check out the Jiggy Wrigglers website at http://www.jiggywrigglers.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment