Tuesday 26 August 2014

#Dorsethour

So yesterday was a pretty miserable day weather-wise, but there was a little bit of light to the miserable Monday in the form of #Dorsethour.

For the uninitiated, this is a Twitter event that happens every Monday between 7.30-8.30pm and allows people living and working in Dorset to connect - which is especially useful for someone like me, as I'm trying to establish myself as a copywriter and editor within my new area. 

So it's a chance to say hi and interact with other locals, which is one of the great things about Twitter. You can be friendly but anonymous at the same time. And I have to say that everyone is really lovely. It's been good for me to find out more about the other businesses out there, which obviously helps for potential clients, and has given me a very long list of places to go and local produce to try…

And once #Dorsethour's over, its then time to get location specific as Twitter switches over to #Bournemouthhour. So if you're local and free Monday eve, head over to Twitter and give us a wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment